Best Shopify Theme For Mobile?

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Hello,

Would like the community's opinion - what is the best Shopify theme for mobile?

95% of our customers are interacting with our site through mobile and we wanted to update the theme we are using to reflect this. (Definitely open to paid and even premium themes) What we are looking for is:

• Theme that is designed specifically for mobile conversion
  • Has full mobile customization vs. mobile just being an automatic afterthought of the desktop version
    • For example, we purchased the ICON theme and it is most definitely NOT designed with mobile in mind. The only thing we can customize for mobile is the hamburger drop down menu on the home page. Literally, that is the only mobile customization this theme provides.
  • Has excellent tech support included in the purchase price of the theme, whether it is through Shopify or 3rd party. 

Really appreciate your recommendations! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

I am looking for exactly the same thing.  Anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

To update, after extensively looking into this, I learned that:

1. No current Shopify theme exists that is mobile centric, even the ones that claim they are - are not.
    1. In order to get what you really want and have your site be 100% optimized for web (even the little things like having arrows on the product page move to the center of image vs. at the bottom to free up precious space - so that when customers land on your product page, they can see name, product, price right away) will require customization
  2. With that said, it's now about picking a theme that would require the least amount of customization and headache. 
    1. From what I've learned, from the free themes, Debut is the better option. However, it will require heavy amounts of customization. It is the most popular theme on Shopify and you will see lots of questions about this theme answered on this forum that can help customize it. 
    2. Stay away from ICON theme (it's a paid theme and is what I am currently using)

I now ended up getting the FLEX theme - its part of the OUT OF THE SANDBOX themes - these are premium themes from Shopify that are a bit more expensive but have more flexibility/options, including with mobile. It is currently the most customizable and expensive theme Shopify offers. However, even with that - I am running into items that still are not optimized for mobile. So, even with the most expensive customizable theme, I will end up hiring an expert to help me get it to a place I need as their customer service explained this is out of their scope. 

I wish there was a better solution and I am guessing in the future, Shopify may have a theme that is customized for mobile, but currently these are the best solutions I've come across. 

0 Likes