Best Theme for Tee Shirt Store

Solved
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi everyone! Looking for a recommendation from the community on a web store theme for a drop shipping tee shirt company. I started with Brooklyn (which I really like; simple, clean and easy to navigate and customize). But it doesn't have a feature that allows a potential customer to select a certain color and size, along with the product image changing to that exact match (unless I'm dong something wrong or I'm a complete idiot and haven't figured it out yet). I can customize it with multiple color options and sizes, but I haven't figured out how to have the product image change based on those parameters. Anyone have any guidance or experience with this? Can I do it within the Brooklyn theme? Or is there another theme that already has that feature in the coding and design? Thanks in advance for your help!

KB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 26 67

Hey, @kbrunen 

Elle here from Shopify. 

To have the product image change when selecting a specific variant, you will need to ensure you have product images added to your variants. You can follow this guide here to complete the steps. 

If you'd like for the variant options to change based on the product image selected, you will need to customize the code of your theme. This solution will not work in the themes BoundlessBrooklyn, or Narrative. 

Are there any other specific features of a theme you're looking for? I'd be happy to recommend some for you, just let me know!

Hope this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi Elle! Thanks for the reply. Is there a theme (either free or paid) that allows me to do that? And if so, am I able to migrate or transfer over the customization I've created already in the Brooklyn theme?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 26 67

At this time there are no themes that have this feature built in. You will need to complete the code customization if you wish to have the feature of selecting images to change variant options. 

In regards to transferring customizations between themes, any customizations you do on one theme cannot be transferred to another. If you change themes, the new theme will need to be customized! 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
4 1 0

Hello again Elle! Another question - is it possible to have the Brooklyn theme customized/coded in a way where your variants are size, shirt color and ink color while having the image change based on what's selected by the customer? Would I have to load individual and comprehensive mock images that match each possible combination? Thanks again for all your help!

0 Likes