Best colours to use for add to cart/basket buttons

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on the best colour(s) to use for our add to cart button on a new site I am creating for a retail home improvement website.

The current site has a light blue colour to link up with a colour within the company logo, currently the Shopify template we are customising is a generic black colour. 

Would like to hear your thoughts? Should we go back to the blue colour linking it with our company logo or stick with the generic black? 

Some focus heavily on what colours to use, what colours convert better etc, from a design POV I would go with the blue to make that link with the company logo - but would like to hear your thoughts?

Cheers

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
75 7 13

Hey there, @amuirhd!

Thanks for reaching out today. Figuring out the proper color scheme for your store will play a big role in how customers perceive your brand. It's important to use design principles to ensure the colors you are using pair together well.

There is an amazing free tool called Canva Color Wheel that allows you to pick colors and set different color combinations. The best part is they provide you with the color codes so you can copy/paste them directly into your store.

I definitely recommend checking this out as it will help you find the perfect match for your existing light blue logo. Let me know if that helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like