Best method for squaring images

Tourist
17 0 1

Hello, many of the images I get for the products I want to sell are not square.  A set of images for the same product will often be a variety of dimensions.  I know that it looks very bad to make product pages with images that are an assortment of sizes.  So far, I have found that the only way to square non-square images is to use this method:

1. Use a paint program to create a 800x800 canvas (or a canvas with any square dimensions) with a white background.

2. Import the image and then resize it as close to 800x800 as I can.

3. Have the white background serve as the extra space needed either vertically or horizontally to leave me with a square image.

I have found an app that does this as well.

Sometimes this looks fine and other times it looks awful.  But, if I don't do this then I am left with either insufficient # of product images or product images that are not all the same dimensions.

Has anyone found a method to take a group of product images that have various dimensions and square them all to the same size?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1141 92 139

Hi @brightlife ,

Please install follow app https://apps.shopify.com/photo-resize-by-pixc

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

Thanks for the response.  I already have that app installed, but all it does is add white space to make the image square.  I am wondering if there is some other way of squaring images without using this white space method.  Some of the images using this white space method look OK and others look terrible.  Thank you for the suggestion and taking the time to respond.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1141 92 139

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Could you please share your website URL? 

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
0 Likes