Solved

Billing address removal from checkout page

Meatmo
Tourist
5 2 3

Seeing and even having to bother about "BILLING ADDRESS" section at checkout page simply creates an extra unwanted effort for Indian customers.
We at India do not need such option. I am looking for a option to remove "BILLING ADDRESS" from checkout page completely.

I have seen many query thread with no solution, I am hoping by now Shopify India has something for us now in 2020

Note: I have seen someone else's response which was similar to my above query, i.e. to upgrade shopify plan to remove the "billing address" section. But I think it is totally not fair to pay another 29$ monthly just to comment (ctrl /) some code. Please do not take my words harshly, I am simply trying my best to reason with the deal and it is not fair.

Accepted Solutions (2)
Meatmo
Tourist
5 2 3

This is an accepted solution.

Well I worked my way around it myself.

So this is for Indian customers who is frustrated like me and unable to remove billing address?

DO A LANGUAGE CHANGE > Change it in such a way, that the billing address seems like we are giving customers option to SELECT Alternate delivery address.

Hope it helps

Message for shopify : Common I know you guys can gives us that option in the form of simple UI like many other amazing option to customize you give us. 🙂

View solution in original post

Meatmo
Tourist
5 2 3

Sorry for the above spelling typos!

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

Hi @Meatmo 

As far as I'm aware it is very limited on what you can checkout. Even then you would need Shopify plus to make certain changes which they allow. Unfortunately fair or not these are Shopify rules. I've attached a manual to read more about the checkout and what can be changed

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/checkout-form-options

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

Meatmo
Tourist
5 2 3

This is a such a huge drawback and let down from Shopify. 
It gives us so much flexibility, but fails on this crucial one. 

JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

Hi @Meatmo 

As far as I'm aware this is so as they have to follow guidelines. Which is why they make it strict.

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

Meatmo
Tourist
5 2 3

Well Shopify is doing business in India. 
What was the use of such extras? When everyone knows such information are not required here. 

Maybe there is more to its compliances I do not know for other countries, but I can tell it is simply not required in India. No other company has it, even Amazon removed it years and years ago.

Its super annoying. 

Meatmo
Tourist
5 2 3

Well I worked my way around it myself.

So this is for Indian customers who is frustrated like me and unable to remove billing address?

DO A LANGUAGE CHANGE > Change it in such a way, that the billing address seems like we are giving customers option to SELECT Alternate delivery address.

Hope it helps

Message for shopify : Common I know you guys can gives us that option in the form of simple UI like many other amazing option to customize you give us. 🙂

Meatmo
Tourist
5 2 3

Sorry for the above spelling typos!

AntonColenbrand
Excursionist
17 0 17

I am having the same issue here in the Philippines.  Most of our customers select to Pick Up from store and prefer to pay Cash, so I have setup Cash (pay in store) as a manual payment method.  I even removed PayPal and Credit Card options in the hope that Shopify would therefore not require a billing address, but still the customer is required to enter a billing address.  This is ridiculous:  paying in cash, collecting from store but being forced to enter a billing address!

Meatmo, not sure what you mean by "DO A LANGUAGE CHANGE > Change it in such a way, that the billing address seems like we are giving customers option to SELECT Alternate delivery address."?

paddyb
Visitor
3 0 0

Yes, please can you elaborate on this, please?

"DO A LANGUAGE CHANGE > Change it in such a way, that the billing address seems like we are giving customers option to SELECT Alternate delivery address."?

Sabino
Visitor
1 0 3

If I'm understanding correctly, he means "tricking the costumer" into thinking they could add another address. The problem is that it is required, not OPTIONAL.

Pointless IMHO.

AntonCol
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi Metmo, how exactly did you "DO A LANGUAGE CHANGE > Change it in such a way, that the billing address seems like we are giving customers option to SELECT Alternate delivery address" ?