Billing address removal from checkout page

sophearot
Tourist
10 0 4

Hello guys,

I'm sure this is not new. However i seem to unable find any solved solution.

When customer choose shipping method, I can simply allow them to check "billing address same as shipping" which can save time and frustration.  

However, when customer choose "pick up at store" and "pay via cash on delivery", still that billing address appear for unknow reason!!.

Anyone can help me,

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1122 116 161

Hello, @sophearot.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

You can process draft orders or sell in person sales using Shopify POS, both of which can be processed without capturing any customer information. However, I'm afraid the billing address fields cannot be disabled for online orders, as some basic customer information (eg. name, email, phone number, etc.) will still need to be collected for these orders. Nevertheless, I can understand how this can be an inconvenience for customers using Local pickup or Cash on delivery, and I'd be happy to share your feedback with our developers for future considerations. If Shopify moves forward with any changes or updates to the orders with Local pickup or Cash on delivery, then you'll be able to find it on our changelog or updates page. 

I'd love to hear more about your orders with Local pickup or Cash on delivery - do you often get these types of orders? Or, do you get more online/shipped orders?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
sophearot
Tourist
10 0 4

Hello Elias,

Thank you for your reply. I don't think this is new problem. I hope shopify can sold this soon.

Yes mostly customer prefer to pick up at store, and use cash on delivery. this is common in my country (Cambodia), and people use phone number more than they use email.

so i hope shopify can allow login/register using phone number as well.

I saw an option that customer can check out using number, this is good but it would be better if customer can also login/register with just phone number.

Thank you

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1122 116 161

Hello, @sophearot.

Thanks for the additional context!

This wouldn't be considered a new request, as there have been similar requests to omit capturing the billing address information for various reasons. However, I'd be happy to include the common practices from your country, your customers' preferences, and the ability to use phone numbers for customer registrations and logins to this feature request. As a reminder, you can visit our changelog and updates page to learn more about new features and/or upcoming changes to our platform.

If you've any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes