Birthday (DOB) capture

Not applicable
1655 0 0

Hello!
I'm looking for a solution and wondered if anyone has successfully implemented this. 
For our loyalty programme, we would like to offer Birthday incentives. I'd like to add a field to the customer details, which can be downloaded into a spreadsheet and added to a mailchimp database, for example. Each month we would send an incentive to the people who have their birthday in that particular month. 

Could anyone advise on what the best way is to go about this? 

Thank you, Michele

0 Likes
Jenn_Seeley1
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
114 0 19

Hey Michele :) 

There's an app in the appstore called Alicanto that could do exactly what you're looking for :) 

Jenn 

0 Likes
Not applicable
1655 0 0

Hi Jenn, thank you for that. A big issue with that is that it costs $1 per registered customer per year, which will cost us a huge amount. 

We're looking at using Tags for customers who sign up in store and tag their account with the Month of their birthday, exporting to excel and extracting the database by month into MailChimp. I'm not sure how to incorporate this workaround for online customers however.... Any thoughts? Thank you. 

0 Likes
gina-gregory
Shopify Expert
710 47 168
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
194 1 109

This is a common use case for the Customer Fields app. You can add a birthday field to your registration form(s), and easily segment customers by birthday month and/or day. 

If you want to take it to the next level, you can trigger certain actions during a logged-in customer's birthday month (or exact birthday). For example, you could:

• Redirect to a page offering a discount
  • Display a banner at the top of the page
  • Add a free gift to the cart using Cart.js
Michael | Business Development @ Helium
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
0 Likes
TheArrowhead
3 0 0

Is there a way to add a birthday capture to the check out page, Ive noticed when people are checking out it doesn't also make them register and it only captures the birthday if they are actually registering?

0 Likes
TheArrowhead
3 0 0

Or Is there a way on the check out page to give them the option to "check out as Guest" or "Create an Account"?

0 Likes