Black loading screen when loading any page?

4 0 0

When our website is loading a page on our website, it shows a black screen before the contents actually showing up. I've been told that this is a theme issue. We've been having this issue for a while. It makes our website seem a lot slower than it seems. I feel like the theme is having a hard time loading everything at once, but I am not sure.

Is there a fix for this? If so, how can I go about fixing it? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 53

Hi, Ji Ho Yoo. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

Which theme are you currently using? Have you checked in with the Developer for any tips on how to modify this issue? Has it always been this way or did you see a change after coding updates or app additions?

I'd suggest loading a preview of your shop using another theme and make sure your device(s) and browser(s) are up to date and see if this issue persists. If not, it is likely due to the theme code.

Let us know if that helps solve things or if you have some more details to share!

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0
I'm facing same issue in supply blue theme....But sometime website showing black screen in home page ,product page, cart page, checkout page....I was contact to shopify and theme developer but they didn't respond me....Is there any coding changes problem or something else?
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

@Max same problem here.

Pixel Union and Shopify support agent see problem too.

Its a critical bug please keep us updated

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 53

Hi, @Occitany @Prp3124.

Sorry to hear you're both struggling with this.

1. Have either of you tried viewing your shop using another theme as I suggested earlier?
  2. If you're seeing this black or blank page is it related to any coding changes or the addition of apps?
  3. Are you able to replicate this issue on other devices or browser types? 

Gathering this added information would help us further troubleshoot this issue.

To look into this further it would be best to reach out to support directly so they could take this info and try to replicate the issue! Feel free to send an email (support@shopify.com) and link this forums post along with your added replies or get in touch with support here

Let us know if you need some more tips or tricks in trying to solve this issue. 

Best, 

Max.

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

hi i m having the same issue with my website, only since 3 days ago, when i click on to "add to cart" i ve a blank page coming up and cant do nothing except reload the page, need help, was ready to lauch but this is a critical issue, is there any way to ask a develloper to review my code to see if something wrong ??

Please send help :) 

0 Likes