Blog columns? brooklyn

zoltan360
Excursionist
15 0 6

@sarhov it looks a million times better now! But ive noticed it only has 5 posts on each page? would you know how to make it an even 6 and potentially how to get everything to line up evenly? its 95% of the way there. 

0 Likes
sarhov
Shopify Expert
482 86 145

@zoltan360 

For quantity of items per is responsible the "paginate" open blog.liquid or blog-template.liquid file and find there paginate_by: X, I guess now there is 5 for X there now, change to 6.

For line up there, it requires a bit deeper look, I will have today later and let you know if it is possible via css, if not, there will be need to change markup for it.

Author: Hovhannes Sargsyan (aka sarhov).
An individual web developer focused on Shopify development.
Need more help? Feel free to send me a direct message or drop an email shopify@sarhov.com

Email: shopify@sarhov.com
Telegram: @sarhov
Try Shopify free for 14 days,
zoltan360
Excursionist
15 0 6

awesome that now makes it 6 on each page. I could manually edit parts and change image sizes to align the rest but it would be ongoing each time i post. it would be amazing if it were possible for it to have a template style to automatically do this on the page. Is fun leaning more about this thanks bud.

0 Likes
isha19
1 0 0

Hi, 

I have a similar question for my page bloontoys.com 

It's also brooklyn - haven't edited the code at all, so its clean. How can I get the blog to display as a grid (with image, title and short excerpt), rather than as one long continuous scroll with giant images? 

Please help.

Many thanks,

Isha

0 Likes
sarhov
Shopify Expert
482 86 145

@zoltan360 

Why now your blogs are in this way, what the features article is there ?

1TEKf8l

I think there is need to edit the layout of this page and make it clean and nice.

It is about 2 hours work, just I am too busy now to take it.

Feel free to write me an email if you need some advice.

Need more help? Feel free to send me a direct message or drop an email shopify@sarhov.com

0 Likes
zoltan360
Excursionist
15 0 6
@sarhov my mistake I added a feature image to try something and forgot to remove it. ( it uses the 1st image from blog for feature on article page) Now it's back. Thanks for the heads up. Still world be good to have a max size of images and heading alignment to make it all neat though.
0 Likes
sarhov
Shopify Expert
482 86 145

@zoltan360 

You shouldn't be limited to use first image only, the template should be coded the  following way, to check if the feature image is existed, then load it, if not then check for first image.

There is need to edit the code directly, 1-2 hours work and you will get the result and look you wanted.

0 Likes
BF_Luis
1 0 0

Hello Sarhov! I've spent about 2-3 hours looking for codes until I found yours. It has worked but I've noticed that the blog is shifted to the left. Is there anyway to center this? I'm completely ignorant to code and have just been searching articles, backing up and editing padding, margins and width values hoping to find something that works.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 3.31.48 PM.png

0 Likes
MnC01
Tourist
12 0 0

An answer to this would be great!

0 Likes
MnC01
Tourist
12 0 0

.article {
float: center;