Blurry Images

jennarose
Excursionist
44 0 6

Hi! I am using debut theme. I am wondering how I can make my banners/slide show less blurry. When I view them on the phone they look fine, but on a desktop they look pretty bad. 

URL is www.collectivethreadco.com

0 Likes

You have to upload an higher resolution image. At the moment your image is 820x312 pixels.

I suggest to use at least an image 1920px wide.

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2010

The image uploaded is really small to begin with so scaling that big will always result in a blur.
Now there's two reasons why it might be small:

1. the file you are actually uploaded is small
  2. the theme you're using is setting a max size for the image and downsizing it.

First check the size of the image on your local computer. What are the dimensions?

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Grace_01
Excursionist
37 2 4

@jennarose The recommended image size is 1200px to 2000px width, and 400px to 600px height, check this guide by Shopify Guru. The resolution of your current banner image is 300x300 therefor in desktop it looks blurry.

0 Likes