Why does my Debutify theme logo appear blurry on Shopify?

DanteB
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I use Debutify theme and whenever I upload the logo, it get's blurry even though in Adobe Illustrator it's super sharp. Did some of you encounter such a problem and know how to fix it?

I tried to use different sizes etc., but it won't go through and it always end up blurry. I even tried to change the code where I inserted: 

#logo img { max-width: 220px; } 

at the very bottom of Asset folder - theme.scss.liquid . 

Migh it be because I use very detailed logo where the spaces between single lines could be less than 1 px in the final version appearing on my shop and then it won't show it properly and only blurry?

Or Could it be because of some kind of compression? I tried to use my full-size (6500 x 6500 px) which was over 20 megapixels allowed by shopify, so I went with 4400 x 4400, where it displayed the free space under and above the logo so I did cut those blank spaces off, it was still blurry, so I tried to use prescribed dimension 2048 x 513 pixels and it still appeared blurry. I'm pretty desperate. Any help would be kindly accepted.

I attached the logo to this thread, so try take a look please.

Thanks for your answers!

Logo - základ (black).png

Replies 4 (4)

Hash004
5 0 0

Try resizing the logo to the max width before uploading. So if it's 220px, resize the image in photoshop/illustrator to be 220px width and then upload.

DanteB
Visitor
3 0 0

What is the size I need for it to be ok? Width and height?

Hash004
5 0 0

Keep the ratio lock on when you do an image resize and then set the width to 220px if that is your largest. E.g:

Hash004_0-1614089207007.png

DanteB
Visitor
3 0 0

I don't understan'T you I'm afraid. Why would I use only 220 px? And if I would, what should be the height? 124 px? Isn't that very small?

It still doens't look great to be honest even before uploading to my website... Original size is 6500 x 6500, so why it get's this degraded?

DanteB_0-1614090156975.png