Blurry Product Photos - Help!

8 0 0

Hi there!

I'm using the Shopify React theme and am at a loss as to why the photos on my individual product pages are blurry. They look great when on the collections pages (in a smaller format) but when I go to the product page, both the image and the zoomed image are not clear, especially images with text. I have tried uploading jpeg images at various sizes and resolutions but nothing seems to make a difference. Is there a setting that I've missed that determines the resolution of the  large images? Thanks in advance for your help on this... I'm stumped!

Sincerely,

Joanna

shop site: http://shop.joanna-bakerDOTcom

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
290 0 160

Hey Joanna!

I want to take a look at this with you, check your email for a ticket and we can get this sorted :)

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi, Joanna. I spot-checked a few of your product photos, and they look fairly crisp and clean on my monitor. They don't seem to have enough resolution to take advantage of the zoom feature.

Let us know what solution Shopify suggests. 

0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi Alex and Shanti,

Thanks so much for your quick reply! I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm looking at the images from my mac with retina display and everything looks blurry to me. I just checked my site on my husband's PC and the images look fine. I wonder if there is something I can do so that the resolution is high enough for retina display users? Alex, I just sent you a response to the e-mail ticket with screen shots, looking forward to your response. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Joanna

0 Likes