Boundless Theme - Issue with Slideshow on Mobile

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Shopify Community. I just launched my shop via Shopify. I am using the Boundless theme.

On the desktop version of my website, the slideshow dial is tinted-black and see-through, however on the mobile version the slideshow dial is completely white and covering my images.

Can someone recommend how to change this? My website address is www.shoptipsytiles.com

Thanks so much!

Kirsten

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1394 138 381

Hey there, @shoptipsytiles 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Well done on launching your site, it looks amazing! I absolutely love the photography you have done for your products, all the pictures look fantastic. I took a look at  your site on both mobile and desktop and cannot seem to replicate your issue:

Apologies if I am missing something but this looks great to me! Please let me know if the issue is still occurring for you, if you could include a screenshot of the issue and let me know what browser you are using on your phone to look at your site that would be great. Or, if you managed to resolve this yourself it would be super helpful if you could share how you did so with the Community.

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Bo! Thank you so much for your quick response. I managed to fix the white slideshow bar issue, however now I am having a different problem.

On the mobile version of my website, I see a blue outline on the photos in my slideshow. Can you advise on how to remove that?

Thanks so much,

Kirsten 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1394 138 381

Hey again, @shoptipsytiles 

I looked into this for you and found that these are focus outlines that are in place for accessibility purposes and as such Theme Support does not support removing the outline. Theme Support also does not recommend changing the color of the outlines, as this is primarily controlled by the browser. So, while the color may be able to be adjusted on some browsers, they cannot guarantee it would change across all browsers, which would create an inconsistent user experience. You can learn more about these outlines here.

While I understand that this may seem aesthetically displeasing I would like to point out that having accessibility features such as this actually benefits your SEO and can increase sales. Search Engine Journal has a great article on this here.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes