Boundless- adding rich text to collection pages

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
796 0 56

I know that you can add a description to collection pages, but I also want to write a paragraph at the bottom of the collection page. How do I go about doing this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey User888,

You want to look for "collection-template.liquid" section in your theme pages.Scroll until you are right above the "{% schema %}", but make sure you stay inside the last "<div>".

Was your goal to show the same info on the bottom of all the collections?

Always make sure to duplicate your theme before you start any modifications.

Hope this helps,

LMPTechSolutions.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
796 0 56

Thanks for the reply! I want to write different info for each collection.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey User888,

There are a few ways you can go about this. 

1. If you are entering the info for a few collections, you can make different collection templates and select within the collection pages the corresponding template. This would require adjusting the code file static data each time.
  2. There are a few Shopify apps which allow you to setup meta fields for the different Shopify Objects such as Collections.
    1. Hear is a few links. Metafields1  Metafields2

Let me know if this help.

LMPTechSolutions.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
796 0 56

Thanks for the help! I ended up doing this to solve my issue:

{% if collection.handle == 'mice' %}
<head>
<style>
p.mice {
  margin: 60px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body> <center>
<p class="mice">Many PC gamers rely on a high-tech gaming mouse for fast, precise aim. These mice can also allow for more comfort than gaming controllers during extended game sessions, especially when paired with complementary gaming keyboards.</p>
{% endif %}

and then I changed the if statement for each collection. I don't know anything about code so i'm not sure if this is the proper way but at least my websites looks how i want it to now

0 Likes