Brooklyn Footer Dropdown Menu

Moot
1 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to add a footer dropdown menu to our website (the content is a bit NSFW so just heads up) www.mootlingerie.com 

We're using the Brooklyn Theme and I have items populated in the dropdown but I can't actually see it - I also can't see anything about it in the Liquid files. 

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Morgan 

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 10.33.24.pngScreenshot 2021-03-03 at 10.32.47.png

0 Likes

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

That's because the code that's currently used doesn't allow nested navigation.

What you need is to replace the current code with something like this:

<ul class="parent">
{% for link in linklists.main-menu.links %}
<li {% if link.active %}class="active {% if link.child_active %}child-active{% endif %}"{% endif %}><a href="{{ link.url }}">{{ link.title }}</a>
{% if link.links != blank %}
  <ul class="child">
    {% for child_link in link.links %}  
    <li {% if child_link.active %}class="active {% if child_link.child_active %}child-active{% endif %}"{% endif %}><a href= "{{ child_link.url }}">{{ child_link.title }}</a>
    {% if child_link.links != blank %}
      <ul class="grandchild">
      {% for grandchild_link in child_link.links %}  
        <li {% if grandchild_link.active %}class="active {% if grandchild_link.child_active %}child-active{% endif %}"{% endif %}><a href= "{{ grandchild_link.url }}">{{ grandchild_link.title }}</a></li>
      {% endfor %}
      </ul>
    {% endif %}   
    </li>
    {% endfor %}
  </ul> 
{% endif %} 
</li>
{% endfor %}
</ul>

this code allows you to show nested child links.

p.s. If you need this implemented for you, feel free to contact us for a free quote.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, Eye-catching, Highly converting, SEO-optimized, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? Need a developer to help you with your theme modifications? [Get a free quote]
0 Likes