Brooklyn Homepage Slideshow Limit Width

Solved
17 0 0

Hi,

At present the Brooklyn Slideshow is full page width. I would like it to match the homepage content width instead, so I'm guessing that's a max-width of approx 1000px.

Can you help?

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes
17 0 0

I was hoping this would be a fairly simple css style change or moving the position of the slideshow in the liquid?

0 Likes

Success.

Excursionist
11 1 3

Hi!
You can add this code to your style file

.hero-slideshow {
max-width: 1020px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

1 Like
17 0 0

@SaraSky THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This has been breaking me for days. LOL. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

can you explain where to put this code EXACTLY?

thank you so much, would help me a lot!

0 Likes
17 0 0

@smeto  For your Brooklyn theme, under Edit Code...

Go to Assets then open the theme.scss.liquid window. 

Scroll to the very bottom of the page, create some new blank lines and copy/paste this Bold text:

.hero-slideshow {
max-width: 1600px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Once you have done that you can adjust the max-width to the correct number of pixels you need.

0 Likes
3 0 0

OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! :DDD 

0 Likes
17 0 0

No worries @smeto but it was @SaraSky who provided the code. Good luck with your website. :)

0 Likes
3 0 0
omg thank you again here you reallyyyyyyy helped me.. i spent like 5 hours without success…

and since i have you here and you are a true professional, maybe with another question:

i have a dog shop. when i take my mobile now horizontaly the slide pic goes too much up and disappears partly under the black banner and there comes this white strap that expands the more i go up - what can i do?

thank you in advance!!!

bye ismet

[cid:77AD4B2E-2625-48A2-A640-B38D9E88671A]

0 Likes
17 0 0

Hmmm I am not sure what you mean. On my site Asset Finance Arena it appears to be OK?

0 Likes