[Brooklyn] Image size of slideshow

Tourist
4 0 1

Can anyone tell me what the right image size is for the slideshow in the Brooklyn theme?

My images are currently approx 5000 x 5000 but loading is a little slow so I want to make the image size the optimum of quality and load speed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 32

Hey, Yoeri!

Thanks for posting! :)

The optimum image size for your slider on the Brooklyn theme is 1200px wide.

As this theme is responsive, it will then automatically adjust the image size to fit computer and mobile screens alike. We have some more info on this in our Brooklyn Theme guide here.

Also some handy links to free image resizing and speed test tools below to help you out too:

I hope this helps!

Koreen :)

Koreen W | Shopify 

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Koreen,

Thanks for the info, but isn't 1200px a little small for big screens or retina screens?

A special thanks for those links. I used to be a webdev so I LOVE to get the load time down.

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Koreen,

The Brooklyn theme keeps blowing my slideshow images up to fit the screen.  I have tried using the image re-sizer link you provided above, exported the photos out of iphoto and set the max size, cropped them in iphoto setting the size to 1280X480... nothing works!  I have spent hours on the forums trying to find an answer, but most people's questions are getting responses to change the HTML.  Does this not have a simpler solution??  Thanks so much for your help!!

Jessica

1 Like
14 0 0

found any solution yet? stuck on this problem too

I am open for serious partnership. Message me.
www.xandreapremium.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

I have found myself dealing with the same.  If anyone has the perfect size for Brooklyn slideshow photos, so it does not perform a major zoom, would be great. 

0 Likes
1 0 1

1200 x 500 works well for me

1 Like
1 0 0
Hi Jessica,
I am having the same issue now and spent countless hours trying to fix it. I finally broke down and contacted the shopify support only to be directed back here. Did you fix the picture issues and how? any input is greatly appreciated. My other option is to just closed the website. thanks in advance.
0 Likes