Brooklyn - Reduce width for desktop view.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Sirs and Madams,

I am soon finished setting up my first Shopify store, and it looks quite good in mobile view. However, on desktop, the slideshow images are in full width and looks very stretched, also I do not get to see the top of the image, so it looks much worse on desktop.

I see some "quality" websites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, a lot of online stores, has BIG margins on desktop (i.e. reduced desktop width) and I would LOVE to get the code as to where I can change/fix this.

I want full widt on mobile, but I want less width on mac and even less on a big PC screen...

Hope this is clear, and I wish you all a great day and look forward to hearing from you code-wizzes! 

Best,
Jørgen from Norway 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
633 74 104

@InstaLiftNorge 

Jorgen, could you please share the store URL so we can understand your actual issue

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Propero  Hello and thank you for answering.

Yes. The store URL is www.instalift.no - and the password is: kaffekopp.

In my opinion the slideshow (hero?) image looks very good on mobile view, but the moment I turn on desktop view, the slideshow image looks very bad considering it is full width, so I only see some parts of the picture. It also reduced the quality quite a bit... 

I would like to see the full picture, hence adding some margins to the width on desktop view. 
So on mobile I want it to be as it is, but on desktop/big screens, I want to add margins so I can get to see the full picture. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
633 74 104

@InstaLiftNorge ,

The issue is mostly due to the aspect ratio of image, desktop stretches to do 100% width and you lose the height in view. One simple solution would be to try and convert this into a square image with increase canvas size, 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in
0 Likes