Brooklyn Theme - Changing Menu Font Size - Need help as I'm really stuck.

Paul_McCaw1
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello,

My new site has very small menus and I want to change the size of them. How do I do it?

Also is there a way to get the menu to follow as a customer scrolls down the page?

Anyone able to help?

0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1868 184 819

Hi Paul,

Last things first - having the menu folow as a customer scrolls. Yes, that is possible as described here by Tim and is usually referred to as sticky header or navigation. I wouldn't worry much about the post being flagged as outdated. Make a duplicate of your theme and give Tim's solution a go. In case of troubles, let us know.

A few other free themes by Shopify already come with that feature out of the box.

As for font size, you can edit the theme's style in theme.scss.liquid and looking up this bit of code

.site-nav__link {
  @include accentFontStack;
  @include transition(color 0.2s);
  font-size: em(14px);
}

Now  you can edit the font-size as you please.

Hope this helps!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack, Last Upsell post-purchase and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
Paul_McCaw1
Tourist
9 0 1

Nice one, thanks.

0 Likes
Paul_McCaw1
Tourist
9 0 1

2797 line - for my own info

0 Likes
Paul_McCaw1
Tourist
9 0 1

That worked a treat. Menu titles are bigger now. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Jörgen
Tourist
10 0 1

I also wanted to do that and changed to 12 in exactly that section but it did nothing. The fontsize is the same on my menu items.

0 Likes