Brooklyn Theme Changing Sale Badge / Emblem

Highlighted
3 0 0

I added this to the code for Free + Shipping items. When it's 100% off the percentage get's replaced bij the text FREE!

replace this in the product-grid-item.liquid

<div class="grid-product__on-sale">
  			{% capture discount_percentage %}{{ product.compare_at_price | minus: product.price | times: 100 | divided_by: product.compare_at_price |round }}%{% endcapture %}
  			{% if discount_percentage == '100%' %}
          	<p>FREE!</p>
          	{% else %}
          	<p>{{ 'products.general.save_html' | t: saved_amount: discount_percentage }}</p>
          	{% endif %}
        </div>

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi Tim

How i can replace badge sale with another picture in supply theme

and how i can make the pictures be slide in hand left and right  same as brooklyn On Product page when u slide with ur hand just on mobile version 

thx u

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everybody, I am completely new on shopify as of last night, no previous experience on coding but am an engineer so I try to get stuff done. Writing from Mexico and the translations that shopify uses in the Brooklyn Theme (I dont know about others), are sometimes poor,I would like to change the text shown in the Sale tag from: "Guardar" (which means save) to "Ahorra" (which also means save but guardar doesnt make any sense in spanish).

I tried going into the code from TIms reply but didnt make the changes appear,

Hope yall can help me out with this. 

Sorry for the bad english!

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2686 67 717

Hi Luis, 

Welcome to the club :)

Shopify themes use a special mechanism which allows to have several translations without changing the theme code. In most of the Shopify-made themes you would not see something like:

<p>Save {{ saved_amount }}</p>

But instead:

<p>{{ 'products.general.save_html' | t: saved_amount: saved_amount }}</p>

which uses the translation filter t 

The page referenced above is mostly for developers, but generally, if you see the code like this in your theme, this means that you must go to your Online Store->Themes, click the Actions button next to your themes name, select Edit Languages, navigate to Products->General and edit the Save Html field to change the words your theme outputs in this area.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
I am away till Feb-15.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

HI this is great! I'm using Brooklyn Theme and have managed to change my circular "Sold Out' symbol from the left to be now repositioned on the right in a black rectangle format with white text. Now the only tricky part I can't figure out is how to make the Sold Out text to be one single line as at the moment it's still Sold with Out sitting underneath it, basically still on two lines. Anyone able to help on these please? thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2686 67 717

Hi Cookie, 

check my post right above yours, but look for the "Sold out html" field. By default it is "Sold<br /> Out" -- remove this <br>. 

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
I am away till Feb-15.
1 Like
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Tim,

I tried to put that code for the black badge but nothing happened

Why is that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi All,

Can somone please tell me how i can remove the sales tags i really dont like them and i have no idea about coding

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! Yea, can someone help to remove sales badges on mobile or make them smaller? I use Brooklyn theme and this black badges which you provide... Would be very grateful!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello, I'm wondering if I can make the badge say "free shipping" when the item weighs less than a pound. Is this possible in CSS?

0 Likes