Brooklyn Theme - Changing the Background color and the font color of the headers and footers.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello everyone, I hope all is well. I'm new to Shopify. I'm currently using the Brooklyn theme (like many others).

I am having some issues however. I'm using a white logo and it's clearly visible on the home page with all the slides, but it isn't visible on any other page due to there being a white header and footer. So I was wondering if you guys could help me change the background/fill color of the headers and footers on every page of the domain.

I'd like the background/fill color to be black, with the font color being white for the headers and footers. I just don't have any coding experience, I'm a complete novice, I'm open to trying, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I considered looking into a Shopify expert, but those services are extremely expensive for someone like me. I figured I could ask some seasoned veterans for help.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this post and helping me out with my dilemma. I'm very grateful for that!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9373 1185 3283

Hello, @Mushran 
1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/timber.scss.liquid->paste bellow code in the bottom of the file

.header-wrapper {
    background: #000;
}
.site-nav__link {
color: #ffffff;
}
.site-footer {
    background: #000;
}
.site-footer a {
    color: #fff;
}
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello Ketan! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I tried your code in the specified location, but it actually jumbled up all the images and text on the website. It didn't change the background color or font color of the headers and footers either. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9373 1185 3283

Hi
Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for helping me with this Ketan!

I emailed you the URL and password to enter the site.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9373 1185 3283

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks, let me check 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Ketan you were absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for helping me through this whole thing! I really can't thank you enough!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello i use now the brooklyn theme  and i need some help to put some row with information before the newsletter. It has to look like these picture below.

@KetanKumar wrote:

Thanks, let me check 

I saw that its only possible to do that with a html code. Did someone already do that and can send me the code please? so that i can use it for myself? Thank you!

reference.PNGreference2.PNG333.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9373 1185 3283

Hello, @Gervais_25 

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

it's not just HTML code that generates liquid code and dynamic section after will display HTML

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like  

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi, I would like to change my footer background color to #F5F5F5. I copied/pasted the code you suggested above and changed the color, but my footer text turned white and there was not much padding above the top of the footer text. Can you please help?