Brooklyn Theme Featured Collection Image

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

Hello, 

I'm a bit stuck here. I would like to use Featured Collection, but somehow it wont let me choose the image I created for this collection. Instead it automatically picks the first image of the product itself. Is there a way around it? ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 3 4

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your issue. it needs a bit of code change. Are you able edit code if I let you know where to change?

please let me know your shop url

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do Shopify customization. More details here http://shopifyer.net/

Need more help? Feel free to send me a direct message or drop an email to enamhasan@gmail.com

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

Thank you for ur speedy response!! I havent dont any coding until now, but willing to give it a try :-) 

heres the link to my store https://lclgyfg6gvv0iy3k-30037737565.shopifypreview.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 3 4

Great! Let me check and let you know the code to change

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

Maybe easier way around would be to use the "normal" collections? But I would want to get rid of the name of the collection in the center of the image, as I have already created my own design in photoshop....

What I basically want to achieve is have the Collage Image with green writing "Hipster Collection" (no additional text) I want to be able to click on that image and then see the product selection . Is this possible in the brookly theme?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

just giving this a closer look, I think discard my idea to use Featured collections for this. If you can help me to get rid of the text in the center of the collection image (in my case the word "Hipster" written in white text) then I would already be happy ;-)Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 20.53.17.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 3 4

This is an accepted solution.

Yes possible to remove the white title in brooklyn theme. look at the screenshot. I have remark the code. You just need to comment out or delete the code.

screenshot-remove-collection-title.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

😬😬😬😬 I'm sorry what does "comment out" mean? I never did any coding, could you give me some help, how to get to this code page? and where exactly do I need to change stuff? I'm a bit afraid to step into that, since I have no idea what I'm doing there....sorry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 3 4

Thank you. Do you like me to do it for you? it's simple and I can do it for you if you want. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

I think I found it. so do i just delete the whole section that you highlighted in your screenshot? thats it?

0 Likes