Brooklyn Theme - Hamburger Menu

2 0 0

I'm currently using the Brooklyn Theme and on the mobile version a hamburger menu appears. Is there any way to remove the hamburger menu so that it looks similar to the desktop version? I only have 2 tabs, SHOP & LOOKBOOK. I've tried looking for a solution to this in the community forum but was unsuccessful for this precise issue. Ive attached screen shots for reference. 

Also on the mobile version the cart tab shows CART, while the desktop version shows an actual cart logo. I'd like the desktop version to also say CART if possible. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

desktop.PNGDesktopmobile.JPGMobile

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2505 420 529

Hi @justkanama 

If you want to show menu as desktop in mobile too then you have to make custom code in Section->header.liquid file you can do if you have liquid + html knowledge.

For cart icon to text follow this:

1. Section->header.liquid-> find bellow code:

<li class="site-nav__item site-nav__item--compressed">
                  <a href="/cart" class="site-nav__link site-nav__link--icon cart-link js-drawer-open-button-right" aria-controls="CartDrawer">
                    <span class="icon-fallback-text">
                      <span class="icon icon-cart" aria-hidden="true"></span>
                      <span class="fallback-text">{{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }}</span>
                    </span>
                    <span class="cart-link__bubble{% if cart.item_count > 0 %} cart-link__bubble--visible{% endif %}"></span>
                  </a>
                </li>

and change it to bellow:

<li class="site-nav__item site-nav__item--compressed">
   <a href="/cart" class="test site-nav__link site-nav__link--icon cart-link js-drawer-open-button-right" aria-controls="CartDrawer">
        <span>Cart</span>
        <span class="cart-link__bubble{% if cart.item_count > 0 %} cart-link__bubble--visible{% endif %}"></span>
  </a>
</li>

Let me know if you need any help. 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
1 Like
2 0 0

Thanks! That took care of the shopping cart issue. 

Would you know how to remove the hamburger lines on the mobile version to have it look more like the desktop version? I'd like the mobile version to display the SHOP LOOKBOOK CART.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2505 420 529

Yes we can do that but can not give any solution here as its not just one or two line code it will take custom code changes on store so may be you need developer help if so text me.

For that we have to change code in Section->header.liquid for only for mobile.

0 Likes
4 0 0

in my case hambuyrger menu appers on mobile but not on desktop. I want in both versions appearing burger icon.

Please help and how to change color and size would be much appreciated/ 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2505 420 529

Hi @cihangu 

Yes you can do but for that we can not send you all step to do this because its contain many changes in menu code, you need developer help for that.

0 Likes