The themes sometimes breaks down and that is why you need a premium theme. I suggest motion theme. Motion theme cost $180
but as certified shopify partner, I can help you out with $90
This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!
I understand you are having some trouble with your product descriptions not appearing on your website after you create them. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you and see what may be causing this!
Has this issue just started recently or have you not been able to see any product descriptions publish on your site at all? The reason I ask this is so we can pinpoint if the issue is a local network error or server-related. Ensure that you are saving your progress in the product editor as you go. You will not be able to see any changes on the website until that big green save button has been clicked. You will then need to refresh the preview webpage to see the updated changes.
Furthermore, I've got a few things for you to try out so we can pinpoint where the issue is stemming from:
1) Incognito/private mode on your browser - login to Shopify once you've done this and see if you're able to save anything. If it works, it means your browser likely needs its cache cleared.
2) I suggest clearing your browser cache and make sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites:
Click here for instructions on clearing your cache
Click here for instructions on launching an incognito browser
3) You can try using a different browser or device (like a phone) to see if you can make the changes. If it works in one browser and not the other, it's a browser issue and the cache needs to be cleared.
You mentioned above that you had made adjustments to your theme code, did you happen to duplicate the theme beforehand? Before you customize a theme, it's a good idea to make a backup copy so that you can discard your changes and start again if you need to. If you've changed theme files and need to revert them, you can roll back .liquid files individually to a time and date before you made the changes. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to roll back to an older version of your theme.
If you find that refreshing your page or using a different browser makes no difference, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.
TIP: As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked at ways you can also optimize your product page for increased sales? We have a fantastic blog post here that provides some top tips! Your brand is important everywhere, from social media images to your post-sale emails, but it’s especially important on your product pages.
Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.
Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog