Brooklyn Theme - how do I make my top menu bar instead in a solid color, transparent ?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Sorry, I can't help - the Shopify guy never replied to my follow up message, and I gave up.

I hope you have more luck, or persistence.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Hi @KecksPaul, apologies, I must have missed your reply, so sorry about that. @zohraax hopefully this will help you also and @MIOUS, there has been an update since the initial topic was created in this thread. 

This is possible to do via the theme customizer in your store admin. You can do it by taking the following steps: 

Store Admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize > Header > Bar > None

I took some screenshots to show what it looks like and a before an after also.

This is what the theme customizer will look like and the before shot with the header still filled in: 

20-07-wq7ys-7y1zr

And this is what it will look like when you click None in the settings: 

20-07-bxhp7-vt305

I hope this is what you are looking for and helps. Once again I apologise for missing your reply @KecksPaul.

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

thank you for that. However I’m not sure if this is what @KecksPaul was looking for but what I thought it meant was that I wanted to know how to get the slide show image behind my logo and the menu options such as ‘home, clothing, blog, about us’ as shown on your image. Currently mine has a black background and I wanted to know how to make this transparent instead with my slide show image behind it if that makes sense. Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Could you share a screenshot of what you are referring to @zohraax or a link to your store so we can see what it looks like to give a better idea of what you mean, please? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

A1FB7208-AB94-4A95-829C-2984A0693A8E.jpeg

Can you see where my logo and menu is there is a black background. I wanted this to be transparent so that the slideshow image Is behind it. I have messaged you my store link and password to enter. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Hi @zohraax,

Thanks so much for sharing the screenshot's for more context here. We don't conduct any support through the private message feature. 

I see the are you mean from the screenshots now. For this section you can still edit this from the theme customizer. You can where this is in the image below: 

20-07-j1y5l-t5gd4

Can you let me know if that works for you please? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

I’ve already tried this. All this does is make the menu writing disappear and only appears when you hover over it. Do you know any other way of doing this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Hi @zohraax,

Ah ok. The only other way to do this would be to edit the code. Because this is a free Shopify theme and if you are on a paid plan, I can email you directly about this and our theme support team can look into it as part of your design time? Can you confirm you are on a paid plan and have some design time left and if so, I can send this up to them for a look? Let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

Yes I am on a paid plan and have not used any design time at all yet. if you could do this for me I would be very grateful, thank you. 

I will private message you my email now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Thanks @zohraax.

I have emailed you directly about this now to verify your store. If for any reason you didn't get an email, please let me know in a reply here. 

0 Likes