Brooklyn Theme - how do I make my top menu bar instead in a solid color, transparent ?

5 0 0

In the Brooklyn templates it actually shows you the top menu as transparent and the large header slide image top reach all the way to the top. Any suggestions how to alter this in  the Brooklyn Theme? Very much appreciated !

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2495 171 376

Hi @MIOUS,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I looked into this and spoke to our theme support team. They said it is possible but the code to do this would be out of the scope to share in a community post. With that being said, this is something our team can still help you with. If you like, I could reach out to you directly about this for next steps? Let me know if you would like this and if the best way to reach you is the email you signed up to the community with. 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Thanks for that Nick. We have quite a few questions and only one hour free dev time with Shopify for our shop, right?

How long would it take you to implement this into our code and how much time would we have left after that? 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2495 171 376

No problem at all. 

That's it if you are using a Shopify developed theme and are on a paid plan you have 60 minutes free design time where our theme support team can make some edits within reason to your store should you need. 

It's very difficult to tell exactly how long each aspect will take off your design time, it's definitely not something I could answer here. Each request will take different lengths of time depending on how complex they are. 

Would you like me to reach out to you about it? And if so just to confirm that the email you signed up to the community with is the best email to catch you on? Let me know. 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Yes the email I signed up with is in use and I am reachable.

I have a few alterations that I would like to edit within the free dev hour I get from Shopify. let's discuss directly

@Nick wrote:

No problem at all. 

That's it if you are using a Shopify developed theme and are on a paid plan you have 60 minutes free design time where our theme support team can make some edits within reason to your store should you need. 

It's very difficult to tell exactly how long each aspect will take off your design time, it's definitely not something I could answer here. Each request will take different lengths of time depending on how complex they are. 

Would you like me to reach out to you about it? And if so just to confirm that the email you signed up to the community with is the best email to catch you on? Let me know. 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2495 171 376

Hi @MIOUS,

No problem at all. I have sent you an email directly. Should you for any reason not have received it, don't hesitate to let me know in a reply here. 

Talk to you soon, Nick

0 Likes
2 0 0

I also have this need - is the code reuseable, or do I need to work with the Shopify team to sort this out?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2495 171 376

Hi @KecksPaul,

Can I ask what you mean when you say is the code re-usable, please? I'm not 100% clear which code you are referring to exactly. 

Would you also be able to let me know what theme you are using? If your theme is a free Shopify developed theme it's something the theme support team can look into. If it is a paid theme from a third-party developer, your best bet would be to reach out to the developer about it directly. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Nick

I mean I'm also using Brooklyn, and I'd also like to have a solid menu bar above the slideshow section on the home page. At the top of the screen is the announcement bar, then I'd like a solid header with the menu and logo in it, then the slideshow. It sounds like that's the same thing that this thread is about, so I thought the code that fixed the problem would be easy enough to re-use. Or maybe it only seems easy because I don't understand it! 

Many thanks

0 Likes