Brooklyn theme - Add pages that look like the homepage?

Don99Jon
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi! 

I feel like this is a pretty simple thing, but I can't figure it out. Exactly how the homepage has sections, I'd like to be able to have sections and add slideshows and drag n drop elements on a different page (other than the homepage) But when I create a new page Its just a simple text/image page with no ability to add sections. Is there a way to do this? 

When I create a new page the only two template options are "full width" and "Contact" I imagine if there was a "homepage" template it would work? 

(Also note - I have a very basic understanding of coding)

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

UmairA
Shopify Partner
1106 101 225

Hi there @Don99Jon,

The homepage has these sections because it's a template that is coded and can be found in your theme's "Templates" folder. If you to create a similar page you need to make a new template for it and code it the way you want you can also reuse a section from the homepage with some code. You can do this only if you've experience with Shopify code otherwise you can hire a developer.

Hope it helps

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Don99Jon 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

you have able to same home shopify new feature 

https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/shopify-online-store

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Don99Jon
Visitor
2 0 1

@KetanKumar

Oh interesting, thats great that this functionality will be standard soon. Has the free Brooklyn theme been updated to the 2.0 version somewhere? Can I just upgrade my theme easily?