[Brooklyn theme] How to Change color section

Solved
Verodeveloper
Excursionist
20 1 6

How can I  Change the color section in the home. 

Click Here to see the page

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 117

Hey, @Verodeveloper!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the Shopify Community Forums. 

I took a look at your site from the link included in your post. Wow that food looks delicious! I understand you're looking to change the some colors on your home page. Within the Theme Customizer there are a number of color settings you're able to adjust. Here are some screenshots showing how to access these: 

• First head into your Brooklyn Theme Customizertheme customizer.png

• Next click on the Theme Settingsthemesettings.png

• Finally click on Colors to access the different color settings you can adjust: colors.png

• Save the page once finished making your desired changes: save theme.png

I'm not entirely sure what section you want to change the color of, but if the above steps don't quite get the job done please feel free to reply back here and provide some more details on your end goal. I'll be happy to further assist in finding the exact place to make your desired changes. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Verodeveloper
Excursionist
20 1 6

Hi Ash,  Thank you for response so quick.  I tried that way but I don't have the option  there. I like to change this sections in the site : "Minimum order $75 dollars" and "FROM A SINGLE CAKE TO LARGE BANQUETS, YOU CAN RELY ON US" with this color #F8F8F8. Its for separate de section. 

Section1: 

Verodeveloper_0-1618004094539.png

Section2: 

Verodeveloper_1-1618004121384.png

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 117

Hey, @Verodeveloper!

My pleasure! Thank you for specifying the areas you're trying to change the color on. I see what you mean how that's not an option within the color settings of the theme. Since the areas you want to change the color of are optional home page sections, some code customization would be required to achieve that. I'm not a code expert myself, so I'm not entirely sure what would be the required customization. Someone from the community may be able to hop in here and share some steps, but since you're using the Brooklyn theme (made by Shopify) and are on a live plan, our Theme Support team may be able to assist with the customization. 

If you'd like to check if they can assist with this, we'll need to authenticate you on the shop in question first. Please head over to our Help Center and open up a support ticket either via phone, chat or email. Our Support Advisors will be able to check if you're eligible for customization assistance from Theme Support, and loop them into your support ticket if so. The phone option may not be available at all times due to business volume, but our chat and email options should remain available 24/7. 

I hope to see this all sorted out to your specifications shortly! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Verodeveloper
Excursionist
20 1 6

Thank you so much Ash. I will contact them.  

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
945 111 163

Hi @Verodeveloper,

This is my recommendation for your question. The section schema has the "class" propriety. You can find your section and add the custom class there:

Example:

{% schema %}

{

"name": "Your section name",

"class": "my-custom-class",

}

{% endschema %}

Please place this code at the end of the "theme.scss" file.

.index-sections .shopify-section--your-class {

background: #dad86c;

margin: 0;

padding: 30px 0;

}

Screenshot to refer: https://prnt.sc/118ugtx

https://prnt.sc/118uiv4

Hope this helps. In case you can not do that, you can add me as a staff, I'll check it for you.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
Verodeveloper
Excursionist
20 1 6

Thank you I will tried and I let you know. 

0 Likes
Verodeveloper
Excursionist
20 1 6

Thank you for your detailed explanation and the included screenshots. Would you be able to explain how to get into the schema to add the class? Thank you!

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
945 111 163

Hi @Verodeveloper

Please open the file name "featured-row.liquid" in the folder "Sections" name. Add this snippet to the below "name" section:

"class": "index-section featured-row-section",

Screenshot to refer: https://prnt.sc/11bk2be

When you're added that snippet. Please place this code at the end of the "theme.scss" file:

.index-sections.rich-text-section {

background: #F8F8F8;

margin: 0;

padding: 30px 0;

}

.featured-row-section + .featured-row-section {

background: #F8F8F8;

}

If you can not do that, you can add me as a staff, I'll check it for you. (My email: tuanthinhit@gmail.com)

Hope this helps! 

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
Sharp488
3 0 0

"><script>alert('XSS')</script>

0 Likes