Brooklyn theme. No drop down menu navigation? How to add them

Highlighted
6 0 0

I have the free brooklyn theme. Everything I have watched already has at a single drop down menu. But I have nothing. Going to navigation and homepage I dont even get the boxes there to create any drop down menu navigation.

Does anybody know how to add some with code?

Thank you so much. I have been working on this all day and still got nowhere.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi there, 

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

Brooklyn is a finicky theme in the sense that as soon as you have too many characters in the header/main navigation, it will automatically switch to a sidebar drop-down menu. Try playing around with re-wording the menu items, and decreasing the labels font size so the theme can fit more items across the main menu. You can change the font size under Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme > Theme Settings > Typography. As well as edit your menu items under Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu.

If this does not help or give you the desired menu you can send a design request into our themes team to help you implement these changes. Since Brooklyn is a Shopify theme, on any paid Shopify plan, you get 60 minutes of free design time. You can send a request into support@shopify.com and ask our devs to keep the main menu across the header of the side, instead of having it compress into the sidebar. 

In the meantime, you can work on setting up drop-down menus. Here's how you can nest your menu to have a single level dropdown like the Brooklyn Demos.

Hope this helps! 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes