Brooklyn theme gap between menu and header

Solved
Tourist
12 2 0

Hi

with regards to the Brooklyn theme there is a bi gap between the menu bar and the header.

the web address is:  larzy.com.au

I have gone into inspect the site via chrome and the area is class="main-content"

however i am not quite sure how to amend it in css.  i did try and it didn't work.

any assistance would be great.

thanks
Sarah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hey, @larzyau!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

This is how your store appears to me at the moment, can you highlight the gap that you are looking to get rid of just to be sure we are on the same page? You can screenshot it too and circle it if possible.

2019-08-sc52q-y73pg

Once I have a bit more information, this may be something our theme's team can help with using your 60 minute design time, read more about this here.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
12 2 0

hi

here is a picture of the gap.  it is quite large

i am not sure if this should be used out of the design hours.  If someone can let me know what i need to do and i will do this so i can learn for next time :)

thanks

Sarah

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 8.21.03 pm.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hi, @larzyau.

I got in touch with our theme's team to see if they could tell you how to do it and they advised that they have reduced the space by half by adding the following CSS here in the theme.liquid file. This change will apply to custom-created pages only:

26-09-deiol-6od65

If you wanted to change it further and remove more white space, you would just change the 65px to a lower figure like 50px for example.

I hope this helps but let me know if you need anything else at all.

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
12 2 0

hi

this is fantastic.  it worked.  i have another question relating to this - the Shop Now page did not change.  i am assuming it is because it is not considered a page.  what do i need to include into the code to include the Shop Now page so the white space is also reduced between the menu and the header.  thanks again

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
438 82 99

@larzyau 

You can use following condition. It will apply your code for pages and collections.

{% if template.name == "page" or template.name == "collection" %}
  <Add your code here>
{% endif %}

Cheers,

Tejas

Shopify Expert | skype: tejas.nadpara
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
12 2 0

hi

ok thank you very much.  this is what i had to put in to get the pages, collection page and sub collection pages to work:

{% if template.name == "page" or template.name == "collection" or template.name == "list-collections"%}
<style>
.main-content {
padding-top: 50px !important;
}
</style>
{% endif %}

Thank you so much for your help.

It is greatly appreciated.

Regards

0 Likes