Brooklyn theme header color change (I want a black background and white font)

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi I am new to Shopify, I'm currently using the Brooklyn theme for my online shop and I want a black background for the entirety of the website. However, the Brooklyn theme seems to automatically change the color of the header text to black when switching to other pages other than the Home page. Since the text is black on a black background, it is not visible and therefore there is no menu for users to navigate with. I would like for the header text to be in white for the entirety of the site and the background to be black. I am not experienced with coding but I am willing to try if someone can guide me through this. Any help is very appreciated, thanks!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
672 99 300

Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password

If this solution works, then please accept it as solution and like.

If you want any Shopify theme customization, making Website, App development in iOS and Android, Please feel free to contact me.

Email: parambabla.soft@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9550 1200 3354

This is an accepted solution.

@mandydel 

Thanks for post

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/theme.scss.liquid->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

.header-wrapper .site-nav__link, .header-wrapper .site-header__logo a, .header-wrapper .site-nav__dropdown-link, .header-wrapper .site-nav--has-dropdown > a.nav-focus, .header-wrapper .site-nav--has-dropdown.nav-hover > a, .header-wrapper .site-nav--has-dropdown:hover > a {
    color: #fff !important;
}

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you so much Ketan! It worked!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9550 1200 3354

@mandydel 

Thanks for update and support.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing