Brooklyn theme image slider

LukasGu
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, 

does anyone know how to change product view from list to slider/carousel in Brooklyn theme? 

Now I have product photos as one long list and clients will have to scroll down to see. 

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 14.15.05.png

Would be best to have like that? (Example photo below).

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 18.57.23.png

Thanks

Lukas

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1712 242 660

It'll require some custom javascript code. My favorite slider to use is slick:

https://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/

If you don't know HTML, Liquid, CSS, and JS though it may be a little hard to implement on your own. So you may want to reach out to a developer and hire them do it for you.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
LukasGu
Tourist
5 0 1

Any other options without making slider? Maybe it is possible not to show all photos in one page but exact photo would appear when clicked on color or size of the product?

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1712 242 660

Does it change the main picture right now to the selected one if you select any of the variants? Because if it doesn't that would still have to be coded in. If it does, you can provide me a link for a product page of yours and I can give you some CSS to hide the thumbnails.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
LukasGu
Tourist
5 0 1

Yes it does change pictures when selecting variants. Would be great to hide thumbnails. 

My shop: natural-home-art.myshopify.com This link is enough?

Or you need this? https://5nows29rzpf03pl7-52859732122.shopifypreview.com/products_preview?preview_key=735cfb5b2c42bf0... 

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1712 242 660

Yeah. So it appears you can't just hide it, when you click on the variant it takes the picture from below the featured image, and places it at the top of the stack. If you were to hide the other variants, they wouldn't get displayed when you click them. It would just put the hidden element on top of the first featured image. Looks like it'll have to be reworked by a developer. Unless someone else has a different solution that is.

0 Likes
LukasGu
Tourist
5 0 1

I found another solution that it's already included in Brooklyn theme and that worked for me. 

Go to-> Themes->Customize->Product pages->Gallery layout->ThumbnailsScreenshot 2021-02-03 at 08.11.12.pngScreenshot 2021-02-03 at 08.19.18.pngScreenshot 2021-02-03 at 08.16.39.png

Soheilmodara
3 0 0

Thanks a lot..

It really helped me

0 Likes