Brooklyn theme installed, the footer menu shows in the main menu

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

I have the brooklyn theme installed and in the main menu, the footer menu shows as well. Even if I delete the footer-menu, in the main menu the footer menu still shows. 

I did not do anything coding wise, I was just building menus. 

0 Likes

Hello ,
Please share yourn site url.
So that i can check and provide you exact solution here.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 15 33

Hi, @crina!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out with this question. 

Can you please share your store's URL with us here, like @oscprofessional mentioned? That way, we can pull up your site to look into the menus further.

In the meantime though, there are a few troubleshooting steps I can offer.

As a starting point, when building the main menu on your site, did you include links in this menu that also belonged in the footer? If so, these links may give the impression that the footer menu is below your main menu. To check out the structure of your main menu, visit the 'Online store > Navigation'  section of your Shopify admin and ensure that the links under your 'Main Menu'  don't include any footer menu links. For more information on editing menus and removing menu items, check out this help document

The Brooklyn theme also offers a secondary sidebar menu in the 'Header' section of the theme, so it's possible that the footer menu may be added to this placeholder by mistake. If this is the case, this will cause that menu to display under the main menu on this theme. To check if the footer menu is added here, just log in to your Shopify admin and follow these steps:

1. Click on 'Online store > Themes'.
  2. Beside the Brooklyn theme, click 'Customize'  to open up the Theme Editor.
  3. Click into the 'Header'  section on the lefthand sidebar.
  4. In this section, there's a spot to add a 'Menu'  and a 'Secondary sidebar menu'. In the 'Secondary sidebar menu'  field, if the footer menu is added, click 'Remove'. Once you do this, the footer menu will no longer display under the main menu.

If you have another secondary menu that you would like to display under the main menu instead, feel free to add this menu here once you remove the footer menu from this field. 

Let me know if this resolves your issue. If you're still having troubles, please reply here with your store's URL so that I can investigate further.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes