Brookyln top navigation

Highlighted
Excursionist
57 1 4

I finally had my large top navigation on Brooklyn perfect and now it has reverted back to mobile nav. Please help I need it back! I can't think of anything I would have done to change it. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.53.48 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-01 at 7.10.57 pm.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi there @Maddison!

Don here from Shopify.

Would you be able to share a link to your store here so we can take a look at this with you?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4470 670 1397

Hello, @Maddison 
Thanks for post.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
57 1 4

https://merchantsswanbourne.myshopify.com/

pw: viewme 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
57 1 4
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Thanks for that!

We would usually see this happen where a menu has too many total characters to fit across the top of your store so it will instead be collapsed into this 'hamburger' menu.

Can you try removing some of the menu items you have there or shortening their titles until you reach the point where this can be displayed fully across the top of your store?

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
57 1 4

Hi @Don , 

Yes, usually it is around 5 titles on Brooklyn however I managed to get it to 9. As you can see in the screenshot above I had it working! I have not changed the top navigation menu in this time that it has reverted back. I need to keep all of these menus but have them display horizontally not in the hamburger menu on the desktop version. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi again!

Thanks for that info!

Our themes team confirmed that this collapse would happen automatically when there are too many menu items or their names are too long as in the manual for Brooklyn.

You may have been able to add these initially, as in your screenshot, but this will be picked up on by the theme and you will see the collapse happening as it is now.

You can try removing or shortening these menu items to get them back on top, you can proceed as-is or you can look at a custom coding solution to force the menu items back on top where they will need to be split into two rows.

Our themes team advises against that last option, especially where drop-down menus are involved, as it leads to clutter and confusion in navigation.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
57 1 4

@Don Would there be an option to code it in same as my screenshot all in one line maybe slightly to the left so there is more room between 'gift cards' and the icons. This all sat on one line and worked really well. It appears the theme can do it as it 'glitched' and showed this way. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.18.02 pm.png

0 Likes