Solved

Button on product to subscribe to waitlist

Pozos
Tourist
12 0 3

Hi,

I am looking forward to introduce a functionality to my shopify store, where customer can register to a waitlist of a product that is not yet released by only giving us his or hers email and phone. 

It would be like some sort of checkout but with fewer steps, like a contact form. But embedded on the product page. Is there some sort of functionality or app in shopify that might help me with this?

Or some recommendation on how to achieve this? I know it should be easy to achieve since many pages do this for subscribing to seminars and that kind of stuff.

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Pozos.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

I've found a third-party app, called Product Waiting Lists, that can create a button for waitlisting on a product page. This app also allows you to bulk notify your customers via email when the product is available. If you need any help with this app, you can always reach out to the developer through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

There are also a few other alternatives, such as using pre-orders or back-in-stock alerts, which are mentioned in forum threads here and here

I hope this provides a couple of options for you! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Pozos.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

I've found a third-party app, called Product Waiting Lists, that can create a button for waitlisting on a product page. This app also allows you to bulk notify your customers via email when the product is available. If you need any help with this app, you can always reach out to the developer through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

There are also a few other alternatives, such as using pre-orders or back-in-stock alerts, which are mentioned in forum threads here and here

I hope this provides a couple of options for you! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Pozos
Tourist
12 0 3

Thank you very much for the info, all of the options are great.

I will give it a try with the tutorial to install a "Pre Order" button looks interesting.

hp09
Tourist
6 0 1

Are there any built-in solutions for a customer to get on a waiting list for backordered products? Or are there only apps that have an additional fee?

Thanks.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hello, @hp09.

Welcome to the thread!

There are a few third-party themes that comes with back-in-stock request forms built-in. However, most of the back-in-stock apps offer a free plan. I've also found one that's completely free, called Back in Stock Alerts by Booster Apps. If you need any help with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

If you'd like to explore themes with this feature, here's a list of themes that come with back-in-stock request forms:

- Blockshop - spacious grid-style theme with bold imagery
- Mobilia - slick styling and smooth content integration
- Parallax - striking parallax scrolling effect
- Responsive - focus on products with full-width imagery
- Retina - bold imagery and refined styling

It's important to note that third-party themes are non-refundable, so I'd recommend previewing them in your store before making the purchase. Though you can't access the theme's coding until you've bought the theme, you are still able to customize the theme through the Storefront editor and get an idea of how the theme looks with your content. That being said, similar to third-party apps, you can also reach out to the developers for assistance with their themes. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!