Buy Button Store: Tiny product photos with no zoom.

KaiborgStudios
7 0 0

Store: www.kaiborgstudios.com/diy

I've used the buy button feature top build a store on my website. The issue I'm having is that all of my product photos are being automatically resized to 280x480, with no option to zoom in. I've had multiple customers complain that they need me to manually email them photos as they cannot see any detail in the tiny default shopify photos. How do I either increase their size, or have an option to zoom in on the products?

0 Likes
ErSanjay
Trailblazer
147 18 23

the image minimum size defined the main image view box so you have to add a higher quality image then zoom feature  work 

0 Likes
KaiborgStudios
7 0 0

The images being uploaded are 4032x3024.

0 Likes
KaiborgStudios
7 0 0

I should also add I brought this issue up with Shopify Help Chat, and was directed here as they weren't able to come up with a native solution.

0 Likes
ErSanjay
Trailblazer
147 18 23

@KaiborgStudios I hope now zoom effect working,  if can edit code you can hire a developer me or else

0 Likes
KaiborgStudios
7 0 0

Of course it's not, I mentioned the photos were being resized in my original post.

Can I please have the help of Guru who knows what they're talking about?

0 Likes
KaiborgStudios
7 0 0

It's been over a week, once again asking for help from a guru. 

0 Likes
thealiciabruce
4 0 0

Did you ever get an answer on this? I have the same issue - I am uploading high-res images, but the images that are shown in the buy button pop-up are so tiny and offer no zoom function. It looks unprofessional, IMO. I'd love to be able to resize these with some code.

0 Likes
KaiborgStudios
7 0 0
Nope, nothing. Shopify's customer service is non-existent.
0 Likes
thealiciabruce
4 0 0
Ugh! I know there's a solution to this because I saw a template for a
Shopify buy button site, and the web designer specifically mentioned that
her site template came with coding to make the photos larger. I ended up
going with a different site template and building my own shop out, but have
no idea yet how to adjust the photo size.
0 Likes