Buy It Now and Buy with ShopPay

Solved
shells
Explorer
193 3 97

Hi all,

On my product page, there are two ways for customers to purchase: add to cart or buy it now. Sometimes the buy it now function appears as a purple Buy with ShopPay and sometimes it just appears as the normal buy it now function in the second image. How can I make sure it will stay as Buy It Now and not switch to the purple Buy with ShopPay button?

shoppay.png

buyitnow.png

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 154 193

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @shells. Great question!

Dynamic checkout buttons can appear as branded (Shop Pay) or unbranded (Buy it Now) as you’ve already noted above. The dynamic checkout itself can be added, removed or assigned to specific products, which is explained further in this Help Doc, however the button that appears, is entirely dependent on these key factors:

• Device/browser compatibility (For example, Apple Pay works on Apple devices, using Safari)
  • Your customer's previous purchase history (if the customer has never logged in or used any of the branded wallets like Shop Pay, Google Pay etc. then they will likely be presented with the unbranded Buy it Now button)
  • Your store’s payment settings (only the branded options that correspond to your payment settings are possible options to display to the user)
  • Store currency and the customer’s PayPal account (Some PayPal accounts are only able to be used with certain store currencies, and so the Buy it Now button would show if the customer’s currency was unsupported, even if PayPal was enabled. See PayPal's country codes reference page for more details about this)

Therefore, since the dynamic checkout has been designed in order to be the most convenient for the buyer, I’m afraid there isn't any way to control which button displays to a user at any given point in time.

Hope this all makes sense. If you have any other questions or need further clarification on anything, please let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes