Buy it Now Error - Redirect

Tourist
15 0 0

Getting this error when I click on the "BUY IT NOW" button in the product page while customizing the theme

It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript over here.

I can replace the code like the error recommends but I'm not sure why I'm getting the error and don't want to change the code unless I understand the issue a bit more.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

Hey, @kuchak

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

The page redirect error that you are seeing happens when trying to complete a checkout from within the Theme Editor. This is expected behaviour, and is related to where you are checking out from; It’s not indicative of a problem with your checkout, payment provider or theme.

To confirm this, please test it out by clicking on the dynamic checkout button on your product page from your actual storefront. From here, you should be redirected to the payment gateway, and able to proceed as normal without any error notifications.

Let me know how it goes!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

Checked with shopify support - apparently this is an issue with the Safari browser, when you use chrome it works :)

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

upon further checking their response wasn't correct - likely for the reason your mentioning!  Will check and revert back :)

0 Likes