CANT REMOVE GTM CODE FROM CHECKOUT PAGE & CONVERSIONS WONT TRACK

cimparato
4 0 0

I have basic shopify so no access to checkout page. I installed GTM on website 10 mths ago and tag assistant showed it was installed properly but i could never get any conversions to track for some reason so obviously something was wrong. I recently used the google shopify app to track conversions and simultaneously deleted the code i had put in for GTM. All conversions began tracking bc of the google shopify app except conversions for purchases. I used tag assistant and saw that GTM was still on my checkout page dispite removing all code I added. Ive been going back and forth with the app and they believe the conversions for purchases arent tracking bc the GTM is on my chekcout page and its preventing their tag from working properly. I didnt add GTM code to checkout page bc Ive never had access. Im not sure why the GTM is still on the checkout page. How do I remove it? Ive been trying to track conversions for 10 months with no success. its so frustrating. My store is www.shoptheskinboutique.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Arun_Kumar
Shopify Partner
101 12 25

@cimparato Did you check if there is any code in the additional Google Analytics javascript area ??

This is present in the Online Store -> Preferences -> Google Analytics

If you think my solution is good, then please Like and Accept the Solution.
Happy To Help You :)
0 Likes
cimparato
4 0 0

Hello. There was code there at one time but there is no code in that section anymore. 

0 Likes
Arun_Kumar
Shopify Partner
101 12 25

@cimparato 

I checked the view-source of your checkout
LWR_Recording.png

and see the line number 246, it's saying additional Scripts. So it must be coming from the Additional Scripts area.
Can you confirm, if you have no script added in the Settings -> Checkout -> Additional scripts ?
There also can be the script present.

0 Likes
cimparato
4 0 0

Thank you for assisting with this. Are you referring to this section on checkout page? 

checkout.jpg

0 Likes
Arun_Kumar
Shopify Partner
101 12 25

Yes, right. 
I was referring to that section. That is strange that there is no code for GTM, neither in the Preferences nor in the settings but the view source is showing it is present in the Additional Scripts. 

Let's get connected and then i'll try to help you out.

0 Likes
cimparato
4 0 0

That would be great. 

0 Likes
Arun_Kumar
Shopify Partner
101 12 25

Please inbox me, then we'll start troubleshooting it

0 Likes