.CSV file product listings and Image Hosting

Tourist
17 0 1

Hello, I would like to start listing my inventory to my Shopify store using .csv files rather than listing them manually in the Shopify admin.  The problem I have is that I can't figure out how to get the images for the product, variants and in the description HTML to be imported by Shopify.  (Each image is titled with the product SKU followed by a dash and then the image # for that product, such as: "SKU25235-5.jpg"). 

The brief documentation on listing products with .csv files states that the images must be accessible through a public URL.  I have never done this before and am having a terrible time figuring it out.  I just spent more than 3 hours Googling and looking for a free or paid service that would let me bulk upload images to them and then allow Shopify to access them with a public URL.  I could not find a single service that stated that the offered this feature!  I looked at Google Photos, Google Drive, One Drive, DropBox, Flikr and none of them offer a way for me to give access to my uploaded images with a public URL.

Surely, I can't be the only one interested in doing this?  What are other people doing when using .csv files to list products?  Do you have a free or paid service I can use? 

When searching on Google, I was using these search phrases: "image hosting services", "web hosting", "cloud storage", "image self-hosting" and I got nothing.

Someone please tell me what I can do to solve this problem!

THANK YOU!

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Have you tried uploading them directly to Shopify? You should be able to add them under Settings > Files then copy the link from there & add it to your spreadsheet to upload.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/using-csv#prepare-your-images

0 Likes