Calculate Tax at Contact Information Checkout Step

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Hello,

We want tax to display during the Contact Information checkout step by default using the default country (in our case, the UK) to calculate tax. 

I know this is possible, because if you click "Continue to Shipping" with no address form fields filled out (except country, which is selected by default), the tax is then displayed. See the attached screenshots.

The first screenshot is when a customer lands on the checkout page. The country is selected by default, but no tax is displayed. The second screenshot shows that after clicking the button, tax is calculated.

Is there a way to force the display of the tax amount for the default country without also having to display all the red validation error messages ??

uk-tax-1.pnguk-tax-2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7647 1051 2656

Hello, @ebroberg 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

do you have Shopify plus plan?

because Shopify's basic plan doesn't allow to checkout page customization. if you need this please contact Shopify plus team and Shopify support team  

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0
Yes, we have a Plus plan.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7647 1051 2656

@ebroberg 

Great!

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

I emailed you the site URL directly, thanks!

0 Likes