Calling snippets in product descriptions

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, I want to make a few re-usable product descriptions and I'm wondering if it's possible to do something like this. (see attached)Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 10.34.51 AM.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
501 56 78

Hey there @LivingFancy ,

Yes, you can do this, just need to create a new snippet file, add the text/code of your choice, and include it where you want it to appear.

Hope that helps

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gamil.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Umair -

It doesn't work like I was hoping. I did a test (see attached) the top is what I tried, and the bottom is what I got.

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.25.47 AM.jpg

But I did learn that I can create different product types and then do something like this!

I made a custom description snippet and then added this into the product.template.liquid snippet:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.22.05 PM.jpg 

Now I can make a bunch of re-usable, editable descriptions for different products and know they are always all good. 

Just figured this out.

That said, can you articulate how you said it could be done? I don't think I understood your answer.

Mike

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
501 56 78

Hey again Mike,

Sorry I didn't saw the image in the original post properly, I thought you are talking about including the snippet to the code instead of the description section (Which is impossible). But it's great that you figured out the appropirate solution for your problem yourself, Thumbs up!

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gamil.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

There is a way to call a variable information on the description field?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Yes! See above. It’s customizing the product template and creating snippets- see above.

0 Likes