Can I add accommodation bookings to my theme?

ZiggyArdor
4 0 0

Hi everyone, I want to add accommodation and bookings to my already existing theme. Is it possible without having to pay for an app? 

0 Likes
IonStorm
Excursionist
37 0 3

What do you mean by that? Are you a hotel?

0 Likes
ZiggyArdor
4 0 0

I have a cabin on my property I want to hire out to people. I would like to add a bookings page to my website for it. My website sells saffron.

0 Likes
IonStorm
Excursionist
37 0 3

So why not just set the quantity to 1 so you can't double book.

0 Likes
ZiggyArdor
4 0 0

I don't have any booking system set up for it yet. I'm asking is there a way I can create a booking system on my existing store?

0 Likes
IonStorm
Excursionist
37 0 3

You could probably make a booking calendar that uses the product database to determine what dates are available. That would probably take lots of custom coding tho.

0 Likes
Fiona_Tarr
Excursionist
18 0 21

Depending what you're trying to do, you'll probably need an app or custom solution if you want to be able to display available dates and that sort of thing. 

If you just want to keep it simple, yeah just add a product people can buy as a deposit etc. and then you can follow up with them to confirm details from there. 

If you're listed with airbnb etc. some of these sites have an embeddable iframe or similar you can add to your site without too much trouble.   

ZiggyArdor
4 0 0

Thank you, I would like to stay away from airbnb if I can but good to know if I decide to go that way.

0 Likes