Can I change the name of a shipping rate?

GardenofSiam
4 0 0

Is there any way to edit the name of a shipping rate? I just can't seem to find this information anywhere. 

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 65 136

If what you need if to change the shipping title of carrier-calculated shipping rates, this is not possible.

There are many threads talking about this, for instance:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Change-title-of-calculated-shipping-ra...
https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Change-display-titles-of-carrier-calcu...

Is this what you are trying? 

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
0 Likes
GardenofSiam
4 0 0

Not sure what 'carrier calculated' means. I want  to change the name that I previously gave it myself. For instance from 'economy shipping' to something else. I can make a new shipping rate and then change all the shopping rules by hand but can't I just change the name somewhere?  

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 65 136

Have you try going to Settings > Shipping and Delivery > Then in the shipping section "Manage Rates" > there in the "economy shipping" click on the 3 dots and click Edit Rate > Edit rate name

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 10.51.43.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 10.52.28.png

0 Likes
GardenofSiam
4 0 0

I don't see a button 'edit rate name'. If I change the name in the 'Rate name' field it will just add the name as a new option to the list, not change the name that was already there. So then I have to go through every entry and change the option.

0 Likes
GardenofSiam
4 0 0

Nobody ever has this problem? Is this because most users use generated rates?

I like to put the estimated of days shipping takes in the shipping rate name, something like 'economy (10-20 days)' but if things change because of for instance pandemics then I have to go through 100 or more entries to change the name...

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 65 136

Can i request collaborator access to your store to take a look?

if show please share store url here or by PM

0 Likes