Can I change the name of a shipping rate?

GardenofSiam
Tourist
9 0 5

Is there any way to edit the name of a shipping rate? I just can't seem to find this information anywhere. 

Replies 21 (21)

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

If what you need if to change the shipping title of carrier-calculated shipping rates, this is not possible.

There are many threads talking about this, for instance:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Change-title-of-calculated-shipping-ra...
https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Change-display-titles-of-carrier-calcu...

Is this what you are trying? 

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
GardenofSiam
Tourist
9 0 5

Not sure what 'carrier calculated' means. I want  to change the name that I previously gave it myself. For instance from 'economy shipping' to something else. I can make a new shipping rate and then change all the shopping rules by hand but can't I just change the name somewhere?  

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

Have you try going to Settings > Shipping and Delivery > Then in the shipping section "Manage Rates" > there in the "economy shipping" click on the 3 dots and click Edit Rate > Edit rate name

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 10.51.43.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 10.52.28.png

GardenofSiam
Tourist
9 0 5

I don't see a button 'edit rate name'. If I change the name in the 'Rate name' field it will just add the name as a new option to the list, not change the name that was already there. So then I have to go through every entry and change the option.

GardenofSiam
Tourist
9 0 5

Nobody ever has this problem? Is this because most users use generated rates?

I like to put the estimated of days shipping takes in the shipping rate name, something like 'economy (10-20 days)' but if things change because of for instance pandemics then I have to go through 100 or more entries to change the name...

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

Can i request collaborator access to your store to take a look?

if show please share store url here or by PM

MaximusP
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem.

wem
Visitor
2 0 1

I am also having this problem - did something change on shopify? Are rates no longer editable?

popsandcoco
Tourist
5 0 5

also having this issue can anyone help? Can you no longer edit the names of shpping rates? for example for me it just says Standard shipping - on other stores i have i can edit that to say 1st class or 1st class signed for, or even give people the option of choosing 1st or 2nd. What is going on???

wem
Visitor
2 0 1
When you choose 'Custom Flat Rate' under 'Shipping Speed' you can name your
own rate!
GardenofSiam
Tourist
9 0 5

The problem is not naming shipping rates. The problem is changing the name after you created it. There is no option for that.

canabudd
Visitor
1 0 0

This is the answer thank you!

MarkyMarkMark
7 0 0

Yes its easy, go to 

settings/ shipping & delivery/ manage rates/  scroll to the rate you want to change/ click the 3 dots/ click edit rate. 

now you see the page to edit rate page/ click in the rate name field and start typing

now you should see a (+add ) pop up, click it and your new name will be added! 

Tip: I make the new name in word and copy/paste it back in as its hard to see in the window provided.

GardenofSiam
Tourist
9 0 5

No, this is still not possible. What you are doing is making a new rate, not changing the name of an existing rate.

rammioli
Visitor
2 0 4

Hello, I've been trying to figure this out as well and found a loophole. All you have to do is select  "Custom flat rate (no shipping time)" from the edit rate section. then change the title to Standard (4-6 business days) for example.  

Hope this helps

__ani__
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes!
the solution of rammioli works for me too! Thank you for that idea! 

TheChocolateGuy
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes, thank you Rammioli!

krl_tech
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Rammioli,

I tried doing the solution given. However transit time is being lost if we do so. Can you please check where I am going wrong.

TimAU
Excursionist
28 0 6

great option, except then you loose the transit time functionality in cart unfortunately. I would have expected you could change it in what was 'language', but now Theme Content but it doesn't appear there either.

Sam9516
Shopify Partner
35 1 13

Now this is possible in 2023, you can easily edit the name of any shipping rate, even the combined shipping rate of "Shipping" and change it to a better name. You will need BeSure Checkout Rules app for this. Here are the steps after installing the app,

1 - Create a new rule of "Rename shipping methods".

2 - Inside the rule, enter the name of the shipping method you want to change and then enter the new name. You can change multiple shipping methods at the same time.

3 - Click on create rule button and done.

This works for even basic Shopify plan. You can even add a message to the shipping method name to better handle customer expectations, for example, "Friday order will arrive on Monday" etc.

TimAU
Excursionist
28 0 6

yeah but we shouldn't have to pay for an app for something as core/basic as this.