Can I customize separate receipts for online and in store customers?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

We have a brick and mortar as well as an online store.  The digital receipts received by online customers are the same as in store customers.  We don't use a printer in store so every receipt is sent via email and SMS.  It doesn't make sense for the in store receipts generated by the POS to say anything about us preparing their order for shipping.  Is there a way to separate the two receipt prompts?  We only use the POS for in store customers, never for online orders.  Thanks in advance!

Willow

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

Hi There!

So your main issue lies with the email that is sent for Fulfilment "Your Order is on its way" correct?

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

The email/SMS message sent to customers after purchasing an item says the same thing whether they buy the product online or in instore.  It doesn't make sense for in store customers to get an SMS or email saying "we received your order and are preparing it and will let you know when it is on it's way".  I want to separate my online from in store receipt messages.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

You can do that by modifying the liquid in the email based on the sales channel or another parameter. Are you using Shopify POS?

K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Yes we are

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

Well my thought process would say to find a field inside the Order Notification & Fulfilment template that can help us identify that this is an Order from POS. The only field that is exclusively filled for POS is the location.

A logic to apply would then be:

if (location not empty)
{
Send POS Content
}

else
{
send Online Content
}

But I'm afraid this might be a bit complicated to do here and would probably require some trial and error as well as store access.

K&J
0 Likes