Can I remove an image from a collection page?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi! I want to have images assigned to each collection in my shopify store, because I have tiles on my home page to shop by category. But when someone goes to that collection, I would like to hide that featured image from above the description. I am brand new to Shopify so still learning how to customize things. Thank you! -Rejina

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
255 32 40

Hey there, @rejina!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and thanks for posting! Every theme is different, and may have different features within the Theme Editor to manage your store's appearance. What theme are you currently using?

Depending on your theme, you may be able to change this within the Theme Editor (Admin > Online store > Themes > Customize) by clicking the dropdown menu in the top banner and selecting Collection pages:

If this is a feature available in your specific theme, you should be able to locate the Show collection image checkbox on the lefthand menu. By unchecking this box, you can remove the collection image from the top of the page. If this doesn't help, please let me know which theme you're using and I'll be happy to dig further for you. We're only able to truly provide support for Shopify themes but if you are using a third party theme purchased from our Theme Store, I can take a look to see if there is another way of doing this. Alternatively, you can also reach out to your theme's developer as they will have the best understanding of their theme's features and capabilities.

I hope this helps with your store's appearance! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Perfect! That's exactly the solution I needed. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes