Can't access my checkout

Solved
FrederikMichiel
Tourist
10 0 6

I am trying to edit and customize my checkout in my online store, but when I go to edit it it says there's an error and won't let me access it. I have provided a picture of the error message

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 5.44.27 pm.png

FrederikMichiel
Tourist
10 0 6

No I have the basic. Do I have to upgrade to plus? 

0 Likes
Akibhusen
Excursionist
195 37 68

Hi,

You can ask in support team regarding this issue. Please follow the below URL to chat with Shopify support team:
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/login

Else you can check your status here. Just log in with your store and check if there are any errors in your store.

https://www.shopifystatus.com/

Akibhusen Shekh | Shopify Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
FrederikMichiel
Tourist
10 0 6

Hey thank you for your answer, i just checked my website status through the link and it shows that everything is working properly. I am going to email the Shopify support now

Akibhusen
Excursionist
195 37 68

Yes, that's a good idea. They will provide you the better support.

Akibhusen Shekh | Shopify Developer
0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
270 59 55

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @FrederikMichiel 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums and for sharing a screenshot of the error message you are seeing in your theme editor. I understand that you want to access and edit the liquid for your store's checkout.

To ensure the security and integrity of your checkout experience, Shopify does not allow stores on the standard subscription plans to access or make changes to the checkout.liquid. To access that area of your theme file, you will need to move your store to our PLUS plan. Our PLUS plan is generally for high GMV accounts or for already established businesses. You can learn more about what areas of the checkout you can customize in our Help Center

There are some changes that stores on the basic plan are able to access so please feel free to let me know what changes you wanted to make and we can see if there are supported options for that. 

Thank you

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

FrederikMichiel
Tourist
10 0 6

Hello and thank you for your detailed response! I make all my sales online through my website so my cart and checkout are essential to me. Is there any way I can customize my checkout on the basic plan? if not I'm happy to upgrade to Shopify plus or whatever plan will grant me access to my checkout. Thank you, let me know.

Frederik

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
270 59 55

Hi @FrederikMichiel 

The checkout code itself cannot be accessed on any of our standard plans. You do have full access to the CART page though and you can change some basic design aspects of the checkout pages through the theme editor and theme language editor. 

If you would like to learn more about Shopify Plus, you can follow this link to see the starting price and how to contact our Plus team for more information: Shopify Plus Pricing. As I mentioned, Shopify Plus is designed for already established businesses or businesses with a very high GMV. Not all merchants are eligible for our Plus plan.

Don't hesitate to let me know what specific changes you want to make, I can help you find out what is exactly supported. 

Thank you! 

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
FrederikMichiel
Tourist
10 0 6

Hey Shay! Thank you again for your reply and kind help. What if I simply want to look at it? I just want to make sure it's working properly and it's linked to my payment method. Do I have to do a purchase test through the website settings? What if I want to see what my invoices look like? Thank you for your time

0 Likes