Can't delete the million tags created by Etsy import

illu
2 0 0

Hello all! Sorry if this is a repost, I posted this a few hours ago but now the thread seems to be missing and I can't find it. I'm wondering if I can get some help with this. Here's what happened.

I imported my files from Etsy using a CSV file. At this point, I was only trying to get familiar with the organization of products, tags, etc. I'm on the 14 day trial and wanted to have product listings to mess around with.

This created hundreds of tags from my Etsy products...I figured this isn't a big deal as they should be removeable. But, they are visible on my product pages in the tag filter drop-down. I tried to remove them individually in the bulk, spreadsheet-type editor in the admin section and this seemed to work but it was very time-consuming (around 300 listings).

I read in a few old threads that deleting the products will remove all tags associated with them, but they are still on my product page in the Tag Filter drop-down menu even after product deletion (See screenshot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3qj88rqtbnksjx/illuarttags.jpg?dl=0)

Does anyone have any insight into how to remove these tags permanently? Thanks!

0 Likes
illu
2 0 0

A quick update - it seems the tags have removed themselves now that a few hours have passed. Not sure how or why but it seems to be resolved! Thanks again.

0 Likes
RootedJess
1 0 0

Hi.  I'm wondering if you know how to delete a "product type" option from the drop down menu?  I've misspelled one once or twice so now the incorrect ones come up as an option, and id like tone able to hide those. Any help much appreciated:)

0 Likes