Can't edit Featured Collection items

1 0 0

Hi. I can't edit the Featured Collection section of the default theme. I want to remove it completely, and just have people click on Catalog to see the items for sale. When I click on the Featured Collection items, nothing happens. I would like to be able to remove the placeholder image and the (fictitious) prices. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Me too!!!!  Looking forward to an answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 26 31

Hey there @BCArmstrong1961!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like you're having trouble removing the Featured Collection from your Theme Editor. I'd be happy to offer you some guidance with this.

In your Shopify Admin, you'll want to access your Theme Editor by clicking on Online store > Themes in the lefthand menu. Selecting the Customize button next to your Live theme will bring you to the Theme Editor. On the lefthand menu of this page, you should then be able to see the different sections of your Home page, such as the Header, Featured Collection, Slideshow, and Footer. You may not see all of these, or you may see other sections. There will be an eye next to each section which will hide or display the section when clicked:

Displaying section on home page:

Hiding section from home page:

Alternatively, if you wanted to make edits to the Featured Collection, you should be able to click on it here, populating the settings for this section. If you want to select a collection to display in the place of your Featured collection, you can do so by clicking the Change button. This will take you to a list of the different collections you have created for you store, and will also provide you with the option of creating a new collection when choosing Create collection. If you want to remove this section entirely, you can select the Remove section button:

You can learn more about how to create Manual or Automatic collections here. Manual collections will allow you to manually sort products into a collection, whereas automated collections will automatically sort products based on a set of conditions you create. For example, if you were selling apparel you could tag all the shoes with 'shoe', and then create an automatic collection with the conditions Product tag / is equal to / shoe:

All of your products with the tag 'shoe' would then automatically be sorted into this collection. If you choose to display a collection on your home page, the images and pricing will be accurately displayed as they'd be pulled directly from the collection's product information.

If you're using one of our free themes, you can check out a guide to help familiarize yourself with the theme editor by clicking the name of your theme from this list. We also offer a free online course to help you Design Your Online Store (With Zero Design Experience). I hope this information helps guide you to make the necessary changes to your shop's theme. If there's anything I can help clarify, please feel free to provide your shop's URL or images of what you're seeing so that I can better understand what you're trying to achieve.

Cheers!

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes